If you implement formal systems in your business you are much more likely to get better results than if you leave things to chance…..
A company like McDonalds could not have grown into such a huge global empire if each store was left to do things their own way. The policies and processes have been formalised and rolled out with each new store; there is a term that George Ritzer invented called McDonaldization…. I found an interesting article which is worth a read http://www.mcdonaldization.com/whatisit.shtml.
Some tips for systemizing your business:
- don’t over complicate the systems
- write the systems done
- communicate the systems to staff
- manage and measure using KPIs
- set responsibilities
- audit the business against the written procedures
- review and update systems as they evolve
Contact us today to explore the advantages of formal systems for your business.